Promoting Research and Education
One of the key functions of the Canadian Circumpolar Institute is to promote and support northern and circumpolar research and education across all faculties at the University of Alberta. This is done in a number of ways, for example by:
- providing seed-funding for faculty and students;
- facilitating student and faculty exchanges;
- enhancing the benefits of research to northern communities through community capacity-building and expanded opportunities for dissemination of community knowledge and experience;
- communicating research through publications and seminars;
- fostering discovery-based learning environment through cross-faculty co-operation, building international research connections, and hosting visiting researchers and scholars.
Regular newsletters and email alerts provide news and information on programs and opportunities regionally, nationally and internationally.